Long-Awaited Medicaid Managed Care Rule Out; Stakeholders Await 340B Guide, Nondiscrimination Rule. Inside Health Policy, May 6.
- Many QHP Sellers Also Participate in Medicaid, ACAP Finds. Inside Health Insurance Exchanges, April 20.
- CMS Phases In Pay Cuts To Medicare Advantage Plans For Retirees. Inside Health Policy, April 5.
- Neighborhood Health Plan’s Conway Wins ‘Making a Difference’ Award. Providence Business News, May 6.
- Medicaid Managed Care Rule Adds MLRs, Phases Out Pass-Through Payments. HFMA, April 29.
- Overlapping coverage can help mitigate churn. Fierce Health Payer, April 27.
- 40% Health Plans Sold via Health Insurance Marketplace Overlap. Health Payer Intelligence, April 26.
- CMS finalizes 2017 Medicare Advantage rates: 8 things to know. Becker’s Hospital Review, April 5.
- Medicare Advantage Plans to Get 0.85 Percent Raise in 2017. Bloomberg BNA, April 5.
- Fixing Risk Adjustment In Medicare Advantage to Serve Vulnerable Seniors. Morning Consult, op-ed, March 22.
- Connecticut Moves Away from Private Insurers to Administer Medicaid Program. Wall Street Journal, March 18.
- MA Plans, Employers Protest CMS Proposal On EGWPs, Say It Could Destabilize Market. Medicare Advantage News, March 10.
- Insurers Take a Stake in Curbing Opioid Addiction. Hospitals and Health Networks, March 2.
- Corporate-Owned Medicaid Clinics Come to Iowa. Des Moines Register, February 27.
- Medicare Advantage Policies Draw Mixed Reviews. HFMA, February 23.
- Obama Seeks to Add Teeth to MLR in managed Medicaid Overhaul. Modern Healthcare, February 22.
- Insurers Offer Praise, Criticism for Medicare Advantage Proposals. Politico Pro, January 19.
- Groups Aim Lobbying at Medicare Managed Care Rate Notice. Bloomberg, February 16.
- Community Health Plans Fly Into Washington. Inside Health Policy, February 8.
- Insurers Hire Social Workers To Tackle The Opioid Epidemic. NPR, January 25.
- Opioid addiction treatment argued as 'essential' insurance benefit. Modern Healthcare, January 23.
- Health execs predict top 2016 challenges. Managed Healthcare Executive, January 19.
- MedPAC to CMS: Options to factor socioeconomics in star ratings not good enough. Healthcare Finance News, January 4.
- Health Plans Share Best Practices to Combat Opioid Abuse. Managed Healthcare Executive (op-ed), December 22.
- Payers,states at odds on CMS plan to fix dual-eligible underpayment. ModernHealthcare,December 8.
- Payers say HHS rules protecting transgender people will not speed coverage. Modern Healthcare, November 22.
- Health execs: If I could change one thing about the industry. Managed Healthcare Executive, November 18.
- CMS speeds move to raise rates for dual-eligible plans. Modern Healthcare, November 17.
- CMS proposes new star ratings for dual demo plans. Modern Healthcare, November 12.
- CMS to Delay Star Ratings for Plans in Duals Demo. Bloomberg, November 9.
- Beyond Health Care: The Role of Social Determinants in Promoting Health and Health Equity. Kaiser Family Foundation, November 4. Fact sheet.
- Medicaid programs brace for new home health wage rule. Modern Healthcare, October 31.
- Report: Capitated Care Model Creates Savings In Medicaid Program. Inside Health Policy, October 28.
- ACAP: Capitation merits 'careful consideration'. Managed Healthcare Executive, October 28.
- States 'shocked' they're on the hookfor rising Medicare premiums. Modern Healthcare, October7.
- Stakeholders Note Few Changes in Medicaid Mgd. Care Final Rule Modern Healthcare, September 28.
- States, Plans Say CMS Ignored their Suggestions on Managed-Care Rate Rules. Modern Healthcare, September 25.
- CMS Study Findings Could Lead to Modest Stars Relief for MA Plans Serving Duals. Medicare Advantage News, September 17.
- IHP Health Insider, August 17. Inside Health Policy, August 17.
- 50 Years of Change — for the Better. Roll Call, op-ed, August 13.
- Medicaid has served US for 50 years. Capital Gazette, op-ed, August 5.
- First In PULSE: Coalition Shows Medicaid Support On Anniversary. Politico Pulse, July 30.
- CMS Offers Two-Year Extension on Duals Demo, but Not All States May Accept It. Medicare Advantage News, July 30.
- Nonprofit Managed Care Plans Offer Recommendations To Improve ACA. Inside Health Policy, July 21.
- Person on the Move. Medicare Advantage News, July 2.
- Happy Trails to Kuhmerker. Politico Pulse, July 2.
- Health plans share reactions to King v. Burwell ruling. Managed Healthcare Executive, June 26.
- Insurers Laud Stability That High Court Ruling will Bring to Exchange Markets.
- Politico Pro, June 25.
- Immediate reactions to the King v. Burwell decision. Becker’s, June 25.
- Reactions to SCOTUS Decision. Inside Health Policy, June25.
- Supreme Court upholds major portion of Obamacare. CBS News,June 25.
- Cavanaugh Remarks on CMS Aid Cheer MA Plans Serving Low SES. Medicare Advantage News, June 2.
- 5 of the Biggest Changes in New Medicaid Managed Care Rules. Governing, June 2.
- New CMS rule could reshape Medicaid managed care. Modern Healthcare, May 30.
- New Medicaid medical-loss ratio won't strip insurer profits. Modern Healthcare, May 27.
- CMS Proposes Aligning Medicaid Managed Care With Other Sectors, Including Creating An MLR. Inside Health Policy, May 27.
- Medicaid Managed Care Overhaul Proposed. HFMA, May27.
- ‘Milestone’ Rules Would Limit Profits, Score Quality For Medicaid Plans. KaiserHealth News, May 26.
- Private Medicaid plans face sweeping new regulations under CMS proposal.
- Modern Healthcare, May 26.
- Imminent CMS rule could boost managed long-term care in Medicaid. Modern Healthcare, May 22.
- Numbers drop in Virginia Medicare/Medicaid pilot program. Newport News Daily Press, May 15.
- Stabilize Dual Eligible pay. Managed Healthcare Executive, May 1
- Physician Groups Turn To CMS In Bid To Continue Medicaid Pay Bump. Inside Health Policy, April 29
- Pain points keeping execs of safety net health plans up at night Managed Healthcare Executive, April 9
- Bipartisan Bill to Finally Repeal SGR Would Extend SNPs, CHIP for Only Two Years. Medicare Advantage News, March 26
- Report: Overlap Issuers Could Narrow Coverage Gaps, Mitigate Churn CCF Blog, March 23
- Medicaid plan overlap allows for continuous coverage for low-income consumers Managed Healthcare Executive, February 11
- Health Care Leaders Call for Sustainable Pricing as Senate Health Committee Shines Spotlight on Six-Figure Specialty Drugs KLTV, February 4
- Manatt on Medicaid: 10 Trends to Watch in 2015 JD Supra, February 3
- “2015 Outlook: Cost Savings FromDuals Demos Are Likely to Be Slow in Coming.” Medicare Advantage News, January 8.
"Managed care plans need protection from 'carve-outs' to ensure services across the continuum, group tells senators." McKnights, November 26.
ACA Stakeholders Voice Hopes, Fears Going Forward. Managed Healthcare Executive (cover), November 11.
Quality group disappointed by plans’ behavioral health performance. Behavioral Healthcare, October 22.
New Medicaid Enrollees Unsure How To Use Coverage, Study Finds. California Healthline, September 22.
House Seeks Best Practices for Managed Care Plans. Politico, September 14.
“CMS Delays Terminations of MA Plans, PDPs With Low Star Ratings for One Year.” Medicare Advantage News, September 11.
"High-Priced Drug Could Be Deal Changer." California Healthline, May 19.
"CMS Issues Basic Health Program Rule." Inside Health Reform (subscription), April 7.
"CMS: Medicaid MCOs Can Market QHPs To Previous Beneficiaries." Inside Health Policy (subscription), March 4.
"FMAP Guidance on 12-Month Continuous Eligibility for Adults." Say Ahhh!, February 26.
“Overlap Between Medicaid MCO’s, Marketplace Plans Could Smooth a Rough Edge of Health Reform.” Say Ahhh (blog), February 14.
“Churning remains a long-term issue.” Managed Healthcare Executive, February 1.
“SNPs Win Significant Changes From CMS In Final ‘Models of Care’ Requirements.” Medicare Advantage News (subscription), January 30.
“‘Models of Care’ Final-Rule Revisions Furnish Model of Responsiveness.” Medicare Advantage News (subscription), January 17.
“CMS responding to plan queries.” Managed Healthcare Executive, January 14.
Medicare Advantage News (subscription), January 9.
“Nonprofit Health Centers Go Into For-Profit Insurance Business.” USA Today, January 7.
“Millions Of Lower-Income People Expected To Shift Between Exchanges And Medicaid.” Washington Post, January 6.
“Few Texans Have Found Health Coverage Through Obamacare.” Texas Tribune, November 13.
“Medicaid enrollment glitch in federally operated state exchanges impairs “no wrong door” policy, initial enrollment for QHP issuers offering Medicaid plans.” Health Insurance Crisis, blog, November 12.
“Passport looks to address substance abuse by Medicaid recipients.” Louisville Business First, November 6.
“CMS Details Delayed Basic Health Plans; Minn.’s Offers ‘Glide Path.’” Health Reform Week (subscription), October 7.
“N.Y., Minn. Duals Project Approvals Show Growing Role of D-SNPs, LTC in Programs.” Medicare Advantage News (subscription), September 26.
“Law May Rescue Patients from Paperwork.” Palm Beach Post, September 18.
“Oregon Medicaid study fails to provide answers.” Managed Healthcare Executive, June 1.
“Medicaid’s Costly Revolving Door.” AARP blog, May 30.
“What we don't know about health reform.” Managed Healthcare Executive, May 10.
“Study: Medicaid 'churn' bad for patients.” The Hill, May 10.
“House Duo Tackles Medicaid/CHIP Churn As MACPAC, Non-Profit Medicaid Plans Seek Solution.” Inside Health Policy, May 8.
“Lack Of Competition Might Hamper Health Exchanges.” Stateline, April 26.
“HHS Document Reveals Timeline For Implementing ACA's Basic Health Plan”. Inside Health Policy, April 16.
“MACPAC Proposes Options For 12 Months Of Medicaid Enrollment After 2014.” Inside Health Policy, March 15.
“The Medicaid Expansion: A One-Step Plan to Improve Coverage and Care.” Say Ahhh (blog), February 11.
“AMA, ACAP call on Senate to confirm Tavenner as CMS head.” Government Health IT, February 8.
Inside Health Policy, February 7.
Health Business Daily, January 21.
Medicare Advantage News, January 10.
Health Reform Week, December 17.
Inside Health Policy, December 6.
“Insurers generally welcome '3-R' regs.”
Politico, December 3.
Health Reform Week, November 12.
Health Reform Week, September 3.
Managed Healthcare Executive, September 1.
Managed Care, August 1.
Managed Healthcare Executive, June 28.
Medicare Advantage News, July 5.
Health Reform Week, July 2.
Managed Healthcare Executive, July 1.
Health Reform Week, June 4.
Health Affairs, May 4.
Managed Healthcare Executive, May 1.
Enroll America (blog), April 25.
Stateline, April 8.
Managed Healthcare Executive, April 1.
Managed Healthcare Executive, April 1.
Medicare Advantage News (sub. req.), March 29.
Health Reform Week (sub. req.), March 26.
Governing, February 28.
Health Reform Week (sub. req.), February 13.
Medicare Advantage News (sub. req.), February 9.
Say Ahhh! A Children’s Health Policy Blog. February 6.
Medicare Advantage News (sub. req.), February 9.
Long-Term Care News, February 1
McKnight's, January 12.
UPI, January 10.
Managed Healthcare Executive, January 3
Health Reform Week (sub. req.), November 21
Health Reform Week (sub. req.), November 7
Modern Healthcare, October 25
Health Reform Week (sub. req.), October 10
Consumer Reports, October 1
Medicare Advantage News (sub. req.), September 29
“Health Plans Hope Super Committee Will Embrace Moving Duals To Managed Care”
Inside Health Policy, September 20
Kaiser Health News, September 13
Health Reform Week (sub. req.), September 12
Managed Healthcare Executive, August 1
HealthLeaders Media, July 28
Drug Store News, July 27
Health Reform Week (sub. req.). May 2.
California Healthline. March 21.
Managed Healthcare Executive. March.
Managed Care Magazine. March.
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. March 6.
Modern Healthcare. February 28.
The Hill. February 9.
Inside Health Reform (sub. req.). February 9.
Politico. February 10.
Health Affairs. February 14.
Health Reform Week (sub. req.). February 7.
Stateline. February 4.
"States Interested As Insurers Plug Managed Care As Solution To Medicaid Woes."
Inside Health Reform (sub. req.). January 14.
Managed Healthcare Executive. December 2010. Issue features ACAP President Meg Murray.
"States Consider Basic Health Program for Low-Income Coverage Outside Exchanges."
Health Reform Week. November 22, 2010.
"Safety Net Health Plans Working to Transform Primary Care."
Medical Home News. Article by Meg Murray. November 2010.
"GAO report: Medicaid rate setting may not be 'actuarially sound'."
State Health Watch. November 2010.
"Schwarzenegger Signs Exchanges Bills, Vetoes Limits on Rate Hikes."
Health Reform Week. October 4, 2010.
The Hill. August 3, 2010.
Medical News Today. August 4, 2010.
FierceHealthPayer. August 9, 2010.
Health Reform Week. August 2, 2010.
The New York Times. June 15, 2010.
"Health care reform paves way for managed care."
State Health Watch. June 2010.
"Drug Rebates Mean Immediate Fiscal Relief for Some Medicaid Programs."
State Health Watch. June 2010.
"Medicaid Changes Lift Drug Rebate, May End States’ PBM Carve-outs."
Health Reform Week. May 31, 2010.
"New Medicaid Drug Rebate Provision Gives Health Plans Formulary, Utilization Control."
Drug Benefit News. April 16, 2010.
"Managed Medicaid Set to Gain New Enrollees and Drug Rebates."
Managed Healthcare Executive. May 2010.
Medicare Advantage News. February 5, 2010.
The New York Times. January 17, 2010.
Older Medicaid Managed Care news with quotes by ACAP staff.